The Future of Social Media - my presentation at Blogres in Slovenia, June 20, 2008
I had the great pleasure of speaking at Blogres in Ljubljana, Slovenia today, on the subject of Social Media.
Here is the pdf (7.6 MB): Future_of_social_media gerd_leonhard blogres_slovenia_june_2008.pdf
Update: Boris Upelj's Video is here
Update: Part 2 (Sat): future_of_social_media_2_gerd_leonhard_blogres_lubljana_2008_web.pdf
Some highlights from my presentations:
- All that can goes digital... very fast
- All that can connect, will
- Storage is becoming almost free
- Bandwidth is becoming cheaper all the time
- Most ‘computing’ goes mobile
- Devices become “Me” i.e. personal (invisible technology)
- Media goes ‘social’
- Content will “feel like free” (i.e. bundled & flat-rated)
- ‘Old’ style Advertising & Marketing won’t work here!
Forget the word 'Consumer"
- It’s a 2-way conversation now!
- Happy users will now do some of the marketing for you
- Interested users now supply ideas and ‘content’
- Engaged users now provide images, videos, text, music...
- Loyal users now want to have conversations with you
- The Internet is finally becoming a ‘social’ and cultural web where Brands that influence Culture do better
- In 2-3 years, there will be no more offline or online
- The kids are now the Authorities!