Announcing my new company: The Futures Agency (TFA)
Today I am delighted to officially announce my new company, The Futures Agency (TFA). TFA is based in Basel, Switzerland and is currently comprised of 15 amazing people i.e. Associates that are working with me on an independent basis; additional team members will be announced shortly. Think of us as a 'band' of futurists and foresight-experts, visionaries, advsiors and idea-curators ...and you'll get the idea.
I will serve as CEO and plan to grow this company into one of the most amazing agencies on the planet, employing these 5 key principles:
- Knowledge grows when shared (therefore we share everything)
- Proudly find elsewhere (PFE)
- Do what you do best and link to the rest (Jeff Jarvis)
- Spend less time being important and more time being relevant
- The leaders of the future are connectors - not just directors
(If you need more of my favorite memes please go here)
I am extremely pleased to have been able to gather some of the sharpest minds and greatest people, anywhere, including:
- Glen Hiemstra (Futurist.com) Seattle, USA
- Neil Perkin (Digital Strategist and Social Technologist), London
- Jonathan MacDonald (Marketing / Social Media Strategist and Consultant), London
- Alan Moore (Community, Branding & Marketing Strategist), London
- Mike Masnick (Techdirt Founder and Content Strategist), San Francisco
- Jack Myers (Media Economist and Futurist), New York
- Rudy de Waele (Mobile Guru and Strategist), Barcelona
- Clive Rich (Digital Media Law Expert, Strategist), London
- Didier Marlier (Leadership and Change Expert, Coach, Professor at FDC Brazil), Geneva, Switzerland
- Lars Cosh-Ishii (Japan Expert, Mobile Guru), Tokyo, Japan
- Kei Shimada (Mobile Expert, Founder & CEO Infinita, Japan)
- Ross Dawson (Futurist), Sydney, Australia
- Brian Newman (Film Futurist), New York
- David Smith (Futurist at TheGFF, London)
- Mikael Jensen (Digital Media Strategist, formerly at TDC Play, Copenhagen, Denmark)
This amazing team of powerful individuals and collaborators is supported by Project Manager Gabi Ruttloff, in Zürich, and (Multimedia) Journalist, (Social) Scientist, Researcher & Creative Dr. Martin Strickman, in Cologne, Germany.
Or, to put it more proactively (for those inclined to that sort of thing;): Which future do we really want to create?
TFA offers seminars, workshops, think-tanks and advisory sessions ranging from 3-5 hours to 3 days, with anywhere from 2 to 10 people, worldwide. Some of our thinktanks may use a format called the Disruption Experience which I have been finetuning together with my good friend and world-renowned leadership expert Didier Marlier, who lives in Switzerland as well. Other thinktanks may use our "FuturesExperience" format, and additional formats will be announced soon. As an example, a few weeks ago TFA undertook a really amazing mission for a one of the largest mobile operators and telcos in Africa; 3 days of serious future-thinking and plotting with the executive team. Hopefully I can share some of those stories with you in the future.